April 21, 2013

Lincoln Wheelers Spring 5m TT series


The Wheelers host a series of 5, 10, and then 5 mile TT series throughout the year, and on 2nd April & 9th April I took part in the first two of the series.

The HQ is the pub in Aubourn and cut off for registration is 6.10pm which I managed to cut very fine on the first event, arriving near the knuckle and being given number 23. The wind on that first evening was a strong 19-20 mph northerly wind, which meant that I got a decent backwind for the first mile, a choppy side wind which did me no favours down the middle stretch and then a wicked headwind which was a speed killer for the last 2.5 miles on the finishing run !

A hard work 13.53 on the night, and 8th overall.

Race night 2 was a similar story - the wind had shifted to a north easterly which again was detrimental and I again once I had managed to get on the home straight, the wind battered me. Result was a little bit quicker at 13.38, position in the field was down one at No.9.

Overall, looks like I've finished the series in 9th place and racked up a few points in the old rider of the season table.

Next Wheelers event will be the 10 series, and I might even have a crack at some circuit racing now that my TLI licence has arrived !


No comments:

Post a Comment