August 26, 2013

Colwick Parkrun


Yesterday, I decided that with a drinking trip planned to my Dads this weekend, that I'd best get some exercise in early so that I wasn't totally inactive for 3 days.

My session of choice was a return to Colwick for a third attempt at their Parkrun event, which also gave me the chance to pop around the corner and check out some hotels for a stag night I'm organising.

The run itself went without incident and was a 23 minute effort as I had predicted beforehand. I tried to run a strong controlled pace and for the most part this worked. Had a hard last mile trying to stick with it and came in less than a minute outside my PB from 2011 for this course.

There will be more Parkrun attempts throughout Autumn and Winter as I attampt to get faster for next years shorter events.

No comments:

Post a Comment