September 01, 2013

LRRA 30m TT

Got up this morning and really didn't fancy todays TT !

I didn't think I'd be able to keep going over the full distance given the actual lack of riding outside of club time trials for one thing, and the other was that I knew it was a windy open fen course !

By the time I'd digested a bit more caffeine though I came round to the idea a bit more and after quite a long warm up ready for my 9.38 start time.

Well the first 5 miles which I suspect were assisted came and went in 12 and a half minutes and I was averaging a good 24.5 mph. The next 5 also felt good, however culminated in a hill which slowed things down a little. Now it was a headwind tester as we turned left and I really had to battle to keep the speed at 22 mph. This road seemed to go on forever and I was thankful to get to the end of it !

I didn't get a lot of time to celebrate as a bloomin' great big Combine Harvester pulled out onto the road and I spent forever sat up following the thing at 16 mph. That was my tilt at the handicap finished at that point.

The rest of the TT was spent trying to catch people in front and cursing harvesting ! I did keep a good speed in the last 10 miles or so and dragged the average to c.23.5 mph to finish in 1.17.11, albeit a better day could have been had.

Next up is my last TT of the year - next Tuesdays Wheelers 5



No comments:

Post a Comment