March 01, 2014

CC Breckland 10 TT


Todays the day, with my Bik-eh, that I went down to Norfolk !

Yep, 2nd time trial of the year technically, however, this ride really did mark the start of the season. I had chosen the Breckland event, which has an HQ at Scoulton in Norfolk as part of a two race warm up for the LRRA Middlemarkers on 16th March - with the next instalment next week at the 18km VTTA event.

It took me ages to get to the HQ, including a tricky 5 mile single track road which I didn't appreciate google maps sending me down, but I turned up in good time in any case. A helpful local described the course as out and back and a bit draggy !

I set off at 2.34 (no.34), and I could certainly see what he meant. I did feel good for the first part as it was not too windy maybe an 8mph side wind, but the road was indeed a bit draggy, not a quick surface coupled with some deceptive rises and dips. I managed to get to the turnaround with an average of 23.6 - not the 24 that I wanted but with a chance if I could improve in the 2nd half.

Try and try harder was the motto, and I gave it a good go - I got it to 23.9 but there was a incline bit in the last mile and I couldn't quite keep the push going.

So 25.06 and I think 30/54 on the day. I had a nice 2 hour journey back to Lincoln to reflect on proceedings and have put this performance in the good box as for a first proper go for the season I think I did OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment