April 06, 2014

Lincoln Wheelers Spring 5's


15.04.14  12.42


The slowest night of all 3 for all of us as the wind played a major partin ensuring that the course was a slight bit slower than last week.

No joy was to be found on the course at all with the middle stretch being hard work with a cross head, and the main road stretch being a cross.

I again felt sick as I crossed the line in 12.42 which put me in my normal place in the field. A two mile jog afterward also failed to gain me my sense of humour back !

Next up are the fixed gear event which I'll be dodging/marshalling and then the 10 milers begin - a proper distance !

08.04.14 11.52

A better night of it this was, a wind which gave a little hand down the lane to the main road, legs that were fresher finally following the hammering they had at the massage and the V718!

It fely a little better all the way round to be fair. The wind was a 10mph Westerly and the benefit was felt as I have said until the main road. from there it was a case of grinning and bearing the croosswind through to the finish - my first sub 12 since September - thanks very much.

01.04.14  12.36

Each Spring, the Wheelers start their time trial series with three five mile races that go from the Royal Oak in Aubourn,

I started two years ago by having a go and setting a 12.48 personal best which I was unable to top when I did a couple in 2013 ! Those nights had the wrong wind ( like most time trials that I do ! ) However, with a new bike I was raring to go for the new wheelers season.

After signing on it was short warm up as we rode to the next village of Bassingham and at 6.03 i was away !

Having run a half marathon just 2 days before I felt heavy legged, and I always had the feeling all the way round that there was more to come. The wind wasn't very kind too with the only benefit being the last couple of hundred metres. (Easterly 6mph). This meant that when I finished I had posted a time of 12.36 which was a course PB and sat me squarely in the field where I left it at the end of last season - still there is a nice feeling of more to come !

No comments:

Post a Comment