August 09, 2014

Tri3 Aquathon

    On Tuesday I got myself over to Sleaford Leisue centre to take part in Tri3’s GoTri Aquathon event on what was a warm and humid evening. The event was a simple 400 metre swim in the now refurbished Sleaford pool, followed by a walk along poolside to transition and then a 5km out and back run along a riverbank.
 
My wave was no 2 which started at 7.05 and I was allowed to swim in my calf guards ! I didn’t think that I’d gone well but exited the pool in 7 mins 30 seconds, so could have miscounted!  A nice brisk walk along transition to meet with Bob who was marshalling T1, a quick change and I was off down the well supported riverbank !
 
I ran the first kilometre at a ridiculously giddy pace and was paying for it by the time I reached the turnaround point. It was a real grimace back to the line to finish in 29min 45 secs and third place on the night.
 
The whole event was fantastic and the marshalls and volunteers from Tri3 made it a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment