September 07, 2014

LRRA 30m TT

This is a long season!

Thankfully this event had to be shortened from 30 miles to a nicer 23.6 miles. It was put on by Boston Wheelers and used the same part of the world as the LRRA 25 that I rode a few weeks ago. It was lighter winds today, however with a headwind out it could be a tougher day !

I started at no 38, and initially held 23mph + into the headwind, however, this ground down in parts to 19's and by the time I'd completed the first leg of the rectangular course, I was holding just 22.5mph as an average.

Turn left and get a grip. Nope, more wind, this time more cross than head ! This section was what ? 4 or 5 miles maybe, and my average at the end of it ? Yep, 22.5mph. Then came the turn with what I thought would be a good backwind, but even this stretch was hardwork just to get the speedo up to 26-27mph.

The finish, and nearly the finish to the season came at 59.29 so at least I broke the hour.

7 days til Wales.........

No comments:

Post a Comment