October 04, 2014

Autumn Parkruns

22.11.14 Lincoln 22.29
Got the end of a cold, and used this one to get a round trip of 6.3 miles in. Felt like it would be a 24 minute easy effort, but ran a reasonably quick first mile of 7.01. It drifted off on miles 2 & 3 with splits of 7.13 & 7.25 respectively, but I was not at full pelt. 22.29 sets me up for some faster efforts during December.

01.11.14 Lincoln 24.09
A nice easy one in preparation for tomorrows Duathlon.

11.10.14 Lincoln 24.26
Trike TT in the afternoon, so an easy one this morning. Each lap a little faster than the last and 24.26 was a fair result on a pleasant parkrun.

04.10.14 Lincoln 21.25
So after last weeks better than expected effort and two good club runs with my club this week, I decided to ditch the Duathlon I had planned for tomorrow and have a good crack at Parkrun and then a ride out with the Wheelers instead. Bad weather was forecast, but not until later, so it should have been dry as I headed to an overcast Boultham Park for my 28th Parkrun.

Mile One - 6.40 - I ran this hard and began to wonder halfway through if I wasn't setting myself up for a massive fall ! Got into a good stride at the end of the lap, and started the second lap determined to keep a level pace.
Mile Two - 6.52 - Another fast mile, and felt on the edge of a redline in parts but pleased with it and set me up nicely for the last lap. Is that rain I can feel ?
Mile Three - Yes it was, the heavens opened and we all got drenched ! soggy and tired, I posted a 6.59 last mile, but with nothing in the tank, I couldn't pick it up over the last 200m for a fat finish - mind you 28th was excellent on the day.

27.09.14  Sheffield Hallam Parkrun 21.54
It's a target to complete all of the Parkruns in sheffield at some point and Sheffield Hallam is the oldest and busiest with 480 runners taking part and finishing today. I DNF'd with an injury niggle earlier in the year so had to go back. Having already bagged Sheffield Castle & Sheffield Hillsborough this was the next on my Sheffield hitlist. The course was half climb, half descent with no real steep stuff - a 7.11 first mile told me I was not where I need to be speed wise, ans a 7.15 2nd mile confirmed this. However, a final downhill mile brough the overall average down to 7.07 and with the course measuring 3.07 miles (short then), a time of 21.54 was a good return for the mornings efforts - an improvement seen on last week.

20.09.14  Lincoln 23.53
Less than a week after Ironman Wales and less than 12 hours after 5 pints of beer, I made my way down to Boultham Park for my first Lincoln Parkrun since April. In a cold sweat kind of way, I ground out a decent hangover run before toddling back home at a snails pace. Number 26 though and over halfway now to the 50 !

No comments:

Post a Comment