November 09, 2014

Evil Sheriff Duathlon

Also known as the National Cross Duathlon Championships for 2014 ! ( Although I was told as I entered transition to rack my bike that I would not qualify for honours because of my choice of tyres !!! I said fine, I'm basically shit at this anyway !!!

This was my event :

Run 1
Mostly run on tracks that were wide, gritty and not a problem for road shoes. I started in the middle of the field and slowly went backwards even though I was running well. Splits of 6.53, 6.37 and a slower 7 something eventually saw me into T1 in a good time of 21.28.

And that's where it went a bit Pete Tong !

T1
Having memorised exactly where my bike was, I got confused and ran to the opposite corner of T1. Cue, lots of piss taking over the PA whilst I was trying to work out what had gone wrong.

Bike
Two laps of what is basically the the blue route at Sherwood Pines. I strted conservatively and grew into the course. The first lap was figuring out the lines and the second lap was much improved, knowing where to push on and where to use the brakes and take a good line etc.

T2
Thankfully, nothing like T1...

Run 2
I ran better today - I must be getting used to running off the bike. It weren't pretty though and the 3.6km seemed to take a while....... oh, and it started raining ! 1.38.59 in the end.

A nice pint of Erdinger at the finish - well deserved !


No comments:

Post a Comment