April 26, 2015

Sleaford Wheelers Club 10m TT

New disc wheel, new 11-23 cassette, a nice warm up routine - now it was time to test everything away from the glare and microscope of our normal club time trials.
This had been the course that I had ridden the Trike on a few weeks ago and had managed a 27.07. My two wheel previous PB on the C10/10 course was last years 24.23 so I knew it was a reasonably fast course. 

This is one of the Sleaford wheelers Summer League and I turned up nice and early to try and get signed on and take a number. The guys at SWCC do things a little differently as they seed the field after everyone has signed on and then you get your number. This gave me chance to set up the turbo in the car park and get my 20 minute warm up done. Then it was a case of collecting my number and making my way to the start line. 

I was off at no.22 of the evening and loved powering down the start slope, but then on the up thought my cassette might be a touch too big. That being said I definitely need my gears looking at in any case. I tried to keep a 100 rpm cadence and not push too hard at the start. I was aware it was mostly side headwind on the way out so looked forward to the return leg. The disc was making a lovely noise and I was having a good time, and by the turn the average was c.24.9mph so sub 24 was on. 

The return leg was lovely to ride as well apart from cramp in both calves at 9 miles which I had to sit up and shake off. I could feel the cramping for the last mile so had to ride below threshold. My finishing time was a pleasing 23.56 which could have been faster - I know there is more in the tank. 

I'm hoping to get back over at least once a month if I can - its a great course and run by a really nice friendly club.

No comments:

Post a Comment