March 28, 2016

Good Friday V718

I like the V718 - it helps that it's the fastest 10 mile time trial course in the country of course and that I've always enjoyed good results whenever I've ridden it, including last years PB performance of 21.25, although I've started the season down on that level of performance.

I felt OK, and had a good 30 minute warm up before hand where I concentrated on a bit of cadence and not hitting the power so hard. Stripped the warmers off the legs, stashed them at the side of the road as I have been doing and made my way to the start.  3,2,1 and away down the start ramp - and I knew the first leg of 4.9 miles would be ridden with a good backwind to push me along. I kept a close eye on the power figure and had to stop myself going too giddy - my speeds were over 30mph in lots of places and I hit the turn with a 29.3mph average.

Up the ramp - slowly but not as bad as last years effort, and down the other side for what I thought would be a much slower headwind return leg. With good shelter and rolling road, yes it was slower, but over any drags reasonably well, and the last mile was bliss as it always has been.

26.5 average for the return 5, meaning a time of 21.36 (only 11s off my PB) a nice turn up for the books, and I can't wait to get the trike on there in a months time.




NP 288w
AP 287w
Temp : 11c
Wind : 8mph ENE
Course V718
Pos 86/119

No comments:

Post a Comment