March 28, 2016

Sleaford Wheelers Charity 10

I think this must be the fourth consecutive year that I've ridden this charity event in aid of Cancer Research and hosted by Sleaford Wheelers.

By contrast to yesterdays fine weather, Storm Katie was on the way, so we had to put up with a gusty 22mph southerly wind on a course that is over 5miles due South, and under 5 miles coming back, albeit with a super backwind I would have guessed.

I got blown almost sideways on the warm up and felt reasonably pleased that I'd again left the tri - spoke in the bag ! 2.58pm was my start time, and at 2.51 I was sure that I was still visible climbing the first ramp after the start ! It was soooo slow going into the headwind - but I kept limiting the power and as such struggled to the roundabout turn, almost coming to a standstill on the uphill approach to it - I mean, 13mph - WTF !

...then, woosh, 16 minutes out, just 9.29 back - what a difference, I was spinning the 55x11 nicely in places and was averaging nearly 30mph. I didn't tire or blow up I just ran out of road. Not a great time, but to be honest, who did on a slow day - 25.42 - solid, again.


NP 292w
AP 288w
Temp : 12c
Wind : 22mph S
Course C10/10
Pos 37/113





No comments:

Post a Comment