April 23, 2016

VTTA 25

This little gem in the calendar is fast turning into my favourite time trial course. The A25/.34 is where I broke the hour with a 55.21 last September and had a decent ride on the old trike previously. Whilst not flat, with a nice easterly or south easterly wind, it is truly the fastest TT track other than the V718.

Today, however, saw a northerly wind, which meant a total wind reverse to my previous experiences!

It didn't start too great, as although I thought I had plenty of time to get to the start, I in fact didn't and missed my slot by over a minute - this also meant that I received a 25 second penalty - which was very lenient in from my perspective so I took it politely as you should.

I went off at no.103 instead of 84, not that it matters, and enjoyed a good first section down to the turn at 10.4 miles averaging 27.1mph which I don't usually see on this course - I had also climbed Bingham Hill on the way at an average of 311W which is well above my usual race wattage.

At the turn though and usually I would have enjoyed some backwind, but not today, it was headwind and some long drags. On the flats I was riding well though and took advantage of the downhills - this saw an average for this section of 24.4mph - pleasing as I'd expected to lose more given the drags and the headwind. I hit the Newark roundabout turn at 25.5mph and thought I had enough in the tank for a final push, but I'm still not quite that fit and had to settle for maintaining the status quo.

58.51 - it was alright, but it's more the course than me - I had a couple of really good sections today that give me hope for the rest of the year !

NP 274w
AP 269w
Temp : 12c
Wind : 12mph N
Course A25/34
Pos 50/97

No comments:

Post a Comment