May 07, 2016

TA Mike Dixie 10m TT V718

Just two days after my own event, and it was time to visit someone elses and take advantage of another ride on the legendary V718 time trialling course. This is obviously the A63 for non testers but to me it's the hallowed tarmac !!! 

It was a very early start on what was a very windy day with a southerly/ cross wind of c.19mph on a bright day. the temperature was high enough to dispense with leg or knee warmers and I was able to take a nice pootle down to the start at South Cave ready for a 9.10 start time. 

so, first part - made the start on time, and set off very fast cos everyone was watching. On the slip road down to the A63, some bell end decided to overtake me in a HGV which was a bit startling to say the least and then once down onto the hallowed tarmac, I managed to tap out a decent beat into the crosswind, so much so that I made the turn in 22.5mph which was up on last year. 

The return leg was just not as fast as I expected it to be with the cross wind playing havoc with me at times but a good ride back nonetheless at an average of 25.5mph to leave me with a time of 25.03 and 2nd place on the day. 

AP 314w (Strava)
Temp : 12c
Wind : 19WSW
Course B25/17
Pos 2/21

No comments:

Post a Comment