May 22, 2016

VTTA National 10 Champs

The weather was terrible for this one and it was a day where I drove down to the HQ at long Benno hoping that the organisers had cancelled the event. I was still heavy from a week in Kos, and I suppose along with the weather I was looking for excuses. 

Silly me, the event was still on, and I was able to do a good warm up before I made my way to the start towards the North of the Village. 

Nearly a mile of SC and a roundabout awaited ?? and I was battling the headwind all the way to the turn at Great Gonerby and all I could manage was 23.1mph for the first half of the TT. Once over the double island and with a decent backwind behind me I gave it a good go, and had a couple of really good sections but couldn't completely turn it around. 25.1mph overall, and a time of 23:49. Not too bad, but in an event which is based on standards, my plus of 2:24 was a bit dismal and placed me well into the lower depths of the placings.

NP 284w
AP 288w
Temp : 17c
Wind : 18mph WSW
Course A10/14a
Pos 95/104

No comments:

Post a Comment