June 12, 2016

Bruce Kingsford 50

A long trip over to Astley in Shropshire on Saturday evening meant that I could set up the airbed in the back of the car ready for a very early start for the days time trialling. I would be set off last in the morning at 7.26 and would have 50 miles to negotiate so went to bed nice and early.

After a really uncomfortable nights sleep, I was somewhat refreshed and ready for the days action. The weather was stunningly good with a very light Northerly wind and from the off I felt relaxed about the whole event. I felt myself into the first few miles remembering that last year I went off far too fast, and the first few miles felt very easy.  By the first time I get to Prees Island at the top of the course, I had a good idea of where I was in relation to the rest of the field and seemed to be doing well and making good progress. 

As it was my first 50 of the year so I didn't go to giddy when I got the backwind and concentrated on going steady. I was held up at a couple of roundabouts, but that was the sum of any complication thankfully. I held up a couple of lorries, but otherwise the road wasn't that busy or too camberous. 

Finishing in 2.18.14 which was four seconds slower than last year, I managed to win both the event which is the TA's National 50 and the Vet On Standard award by just one second !

AP 251w (Strava)
Temp : 12c
Wind : 7mph N
Course D50/3
Pos 1st


No comments:

Post a Comment