August 14, 2016

Bourne Wheelers C25

Two weeks after the 12hr and a good opportunity to see if I had any life back in my legs yet ? 

The course would be a familiar one to me but in reverse as it was the Sleaford 25 course with the HQ at Donnington. I would be debuting a new pair of pink velotoze overshoes and using a HRM for the very first time - despite owning two and having access to one for the past 3 years !! 

A good wind and a decent temperature meant great conditions for time trialling and I was looking forward to getting out and having a go. 

I was happy enough with the first miles up until the first visit to osbournby roundabout - decent cadence of above 90 and didn't feel like overcooking it. Up to Sleaford roundabout and that was OK, back down and I started chasing speed and the cadence started to go to pot - and then the very last section back to Donnington should have had a backwind and did, if only in a couple of sections. 

Fastest performance over 25 miles on a lincs course, but down on power from my last 25 and with that feels a bit like a sub par performance, albeit one I am pleased to be back with. 

1.02.16 

NP 249w
AP 239w
Temp : 17c
Wind : 6mph WNW
Course C25/35
Pos 21/46

No comments:

Post a Comment