August 28, 2016

Team Swift Charity 10

Had another go at the ten mile club trike time trial record and for the second time in as many months I failed to take it and run out of time whilst approaching the finish line.

Today's weather was initially forecast as a light breeze easterly, but by race morning that had changed to a light Westerly, which is just the wrong direction for this course.

Things started well enough and with that wind behind me, I managed to get good speed up until the turn averaging 27.1mph and then I was 5 seconds faster then 6th July negotiating the turn.

It would be the return leg though that I would find tougher than expected with that westerly wind making life difficult even though it was just a breeze really atc.7/8mph. Some of the small drags on the way back were tough on the legs, and then a smash fest last mile at over 30 mph couldn't bring me back on track.

Tougher day, better performance - record must go next year now !

AP 351W (Strava)
Temp : 17C
Wind : 7mph W
Course V718

No comments:

Post a Comment