September 25, 2016

Sleaford Cyclocross

As another TT season draws to a close, a freash Lincolnshire Cyclocross season opens up, with the usual first date being the Sleaford wheelers race, held again in the grounds of Sleaford Rugby Club.

A reasonablt flat affair, with a couple of offs, a run up a steep bank, some twisting rocky sessions and quite a bit of roped off turning. It had been wet overnight, but by the time we started at 12, it was dry almost everywhere on the course apart from a section that had some light mud.

I had ridden the 25 on the A46 yesterday, so already had an excuse nicely banked ahead of the race. the fact that I'm a terrible technical rider has nothing to do with that I promise !!.

I was gridded on the third row following last seasons results - not that it mattered at all, as I quickly went backwards at the start. I didn't feel tired, however my heart rate was through the roof from the start - it would go on to average 179bpm for the entire race and evertime I looked down it said 180 something !

I lost places on the first lap, and then gained some back throughout the race - on the fletter sections I could see I was a lot faster being a tester, but in the twisty technical sections I knew I was much much slower.

I was lapped on the 5th lap, meaning that my ride time was only 47 minutes or so, and I felt like I had been at it for over an hour.

Results not in yet, but I would estimate my usual lower that midway finish position is unaltered.

Nice weekend of racing.

Time : 47.15
Distance 9.40 miles
Temp : 17c
Wind : 14mph SW
Course : Sleaford Rugby Club
HR 179bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment