September 11, 2016

Trike National 10 & 25 Weekend at Wolvey. Also known as the Jenny Noad & The Stan Spelling events.

This weekend I camped over at wolvey for my second attempt at the 10 & 25 mile championships for the TA. (Tricycle Association). This was how the weekends racing unfolded...

Saturday.. National 10 - 26.00

Exactly one second quicker than last year on a windless but miserably drizzly day. Had to keep wiping the visor and had forgotten how draggy the out section of this course was. Fast in parts though and with very little wind there wasn't a great deal of resistance to fight other than the surface and the moisture in the air. Went off hard and knew I had to chase down my minuteman. Maybe I was pre-occupied with this as it took me an age and nearly 7 miles to do so. I made another 50 seconds on him in the last 3 years so maybe it was a case of decent pacing. Either way, I won the event with a 26 dead so I'm pleased as punch with the overall performance.

Sunday.... National 25 - 1.06.58

Would you believe it - one second quicker than last year again. This time I lost my minute man with a broken diff, which meant my minuteman from yesterday was now today's two minuteman and I set about chasing him down for the second day in a row !
I checked myself a couple of times just before any giddyness crept in and at five miles made the decision to switch my garmin unit over to heart rate and time only. This way I was able to try and keep my HR between 165-170 and limit any peaks to 173 on the climbs on the A5. With again very little wind I was enjoying the ride and as I was behaving with the heart rate , I enjoyed the climbing as well.
1.06.58, and a second win in two days. with City beating United at the swamp this weekend too, it has been a perfect weekend.

AP 283W (Strava)
Temp : 15C
HR Ave 170 Max 179
Wind : 6mph NNE
Course K41/10

AP 276W (Strava)
Temp : 13C
HR Ave 168 Max 179
Wind : 6mph S
Course K41/25

No comments:

Post a Comment