October 09, 2016

Wheelers Tandem & Trike Weekend

I was the organiser for this weekends activities and as such decided not to race the solo trike, but instead to ride tandem trike on both days with the legend that is Pete Holland. There's not much to day other than I enjoyed it and will probably pilot up with Pete again at some point in the future.

Saturday - 10m TT - 26.35
Pete rocked up with the tandem trike in the morning once I'd put the signs out, and we set about getting the seat sizing sorted out. we put a tri bar on the front, but the position was mightily aggressive and I was further down than I usually am. The first warm up ripped my legs off, and I was genuinely concerned about doing longer stints. The actual race though at full pelt was a different story and we seemed to get on OK. Cornering was doddery and occasionally I messed around with the gears but a 26.35 first 10 mile effort was not too shabby !

Sunday - 25m TT - 1.09.09
Rode it like we stole it. Cornering was still an issue as was the gear twiddling, but we built into the race this time and had some glorious sections where it didn't even feel like we were trying. mind you, there were some pretty slow headwind sections as well. A 1.09.09 to our name as a 25 pairing rounded off a busy, tiring but satisfying weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment